Thursday, July 17, 2008

OK...I'm a Hypocrite!

The following conversation took place between a good friend of mine and I. I started the conversation by saying:

I’ve decided that I hate blogging.”

“Do you have a blog?”

“No, but I’ve just spent the last two hours looking at other people’s blogs and it was a complete waste of my time.”

“Why is that?”

“Everyone thinks that they have something significant to say and that other people actually want to hear it…when in all reality they were really saying nothing the entire time.”

“Yes, I’ve read some blogs like that myself. You know I have a blog right?”

“No, I didn’t know that. Why?”

“It’s mainly for my family. Because they live in another state, it’s a great way to keep them involved in our lives.”

I stop and think a moment…my family lives in Minnesota…I’m here in Colorado…my family is always wanting more pics and communication and I am terrible at it….hmmmm…maybe I should start a blog…

I reply,
“Hey, can you tell me how to set up a blog?”


{Oh…and for those of you that know me, this will come as no surprise, but I’m a rebel without a cause. For the longest time, I refused to even look at blogs because I wasn’t about to do what “everybody else was doing”…I don’t have a reason…I just HATE hopping on bandwagons!}

So, here it is…my blog…where you too can waste your time reading about things that I feel are significant and OF COURSE everyone wants to hear about them!

~keri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keri,
so happy to see you are blogging - a breath of fresh air! You will have some meaning to pass on & then when you don't you are transparent enough to say that too! How many others who blog do that?
Love ya & You go Girl!
~Lynnette