Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Son Austin...He Makes Me Laugh!

Okay, before I even start this blog, I'm going to give you fair warning that some of you may be offended. But this is my blog and I don't get uptight about a lot of things that most people do...and besides, I'm an Olson...we don't know how to be discreet!

First, let me explain the setting. Our main bathroom has two doors. One leads to the hallway and the other leads to my bedroom.

A couple of weeks ago, I was in the bathroom and went into my bedroom and shut the door to change my shirt. As I was getting dressed, I realized that I needed to put on some deodorant. I was in my bra and pants and had not heard anyone go into the bathroom, so I opened the door and walked in. There stood my son, Austin (12 years old) with a look of absolute horror on his face.

"MOM! PUT YOUR SHIRT ON!! THAT'S DISGUSTING!!!"

After realizing how horrified he was, I couldn't help but laugh. The look on his face was absolutely priceless. I reply,
"I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were in here." (Chuckle, chuckle)

"Don't worry, in a couple of years you won't think about anything but boobs!"
Austin replies,

"I already think about boobs all the time...JUST NOT YOURS!! THAT'S DISGUSTING!"

Here it is, weeks later and I still can't stop thinking about this incident and laughing. What would Freud think???? Frankly, I don't care. If you can't laugh at life...especially with family...who can you laugh with!

No comments: